Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Art of Acceptance and Forgiveness

How many times you refused to heal a relationship because you were concerned that the other person would not change their ways? How many times you didn't do certain things because you were concerned about what other people would think about you? How many times you regretted not doing things for the same reason? How many times you felt absolutely paralyzed because you suspected people would fail you?

It is truly interesting, though very sad, to notice that sometimes we have certain problems in our relationships with others because we are worried or suspicious or terrified that the other person will not follow through or will fail to do and to think the same as we and so on and so forth.

We may say: Yes, I will do such and such for this person, but... What if my wife refuses to talk to me? What if my mum keeps drinking? What if my son doesn't stop getting stoned? What if my ex-husband takes me to court again? What if my daughter insists on continuing this affair? What if my boss fires me? What if my friend hangs up on me? What if...

The What Ifs seem endless. We have grown so accustomed to having things our way or no way, that we are not able to let go of our pre-conceived ideas and see the situations and circumstances as they are: opportunities to grow.

So you see yourself in a situation that is not too pleasant; in fact, you have been hurt and you don't like that one bit. You realize that your child has become an activist for a cause that you abhor, that your partner is having an affair, that your boss is neglecting you for a promotion, that your friend of many years has decided to divorce you, and so on. What do you do?

The situation requires acceptance and forgiveness. Can you accept and forgive without dwelling on the idea that it is truly none of your business whether the other person will mend the hole that is now part of your heart?

Can you accept and forgive knowing that it is only up to you to do your part to heal the relationship no matter what the other person does? Can you say to yourself: I will do my share of changing so that this relationship can be healed? If you can, then I have some suggestions for you. Every time you remember your heart's aches and/or you remember the person do the following (you don't have to say anything to them):

1. Bless them.
2. Be grateful for the gifts you have received from their heart.
3. Envelop them with a cocoon of pure white light.
4. Appreciate them (any little thing is fine)
5. Repeat: As I forgive you now, please, forgive me as well.

You will see that, in no time the shifts will begin to occur and at the end, you will be better off.

Want to have more love, abundance, health, time, fun, and prosperity? Visit Prescription For Bliss at http://www.rx4bliss.com, sign up for the newsletter and receive a fr*ee ebook called "Happy People Are More Abundant!" Dr. Maria Moratto is the author of "Want to Save Your Relationship? Know Your Man!" among other books. Visit her site to get fr*ee affirmation cards. Dr. Maria is available for Radio and Television Talk Shows, media interviews, and as a Guest Speaker at your events.You may reprint this article in its entirety as long as you add this resource box.© Maria Moratto 2006

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?