Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tai Chi

I used to be a movement person: dance mostly. I always liked dancing. From Jazz dance to country to swing, to ballroom, to folk dance, I did it all, even ballet, which I totally dislike. The only form of dance I didn’t do was modern, because I dislike it even more so than I dislike ballet. I also did rhythm gymnastics, the one with balls, and ropes, and clubs, etc. and Bothmer gymnastics, which is a form of movement based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner. I liked that a lot.

Of the forms of movement that I tried, the ones I was not too good were: gymnastics, with all that tumbling around and ballet. I also tried but didn’t like: Eurythmy (another form of movement based on Steiner). I could never understand it. Fencing I admit, I could have done better, but I couldn’t take the poking. Too much of it.

Life, however, happened to me big time and soon, I saw myself doing absolutely nothing at all. Suddenly I couldn’t take the music; I couldn’t take the repetitions, I couldn’t take the crowds. I had changed.

Many years passed until I decided I liked Martial Arts. I took a class of TaeKonDo and decided it was not for me. More time passed. I was craving for a form of movement that would speak to my body and my soul. A month ago, I found it. Tai Chi. I just absolutely love it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?